Photograph by Jade Womack.
A New Event Emoji: ?
I tested positive for Covid last Thursday, and am under quarantine until the 23rd. I am feeling much better today, as the first few days I had a terrible fever, sore throat, chills, headache, and congestion. For those interested, I documented my experience on my instagram here and here, as well as my symptoms here.
I won’t be able to attend events for a while, but moving forward I included a new emoji– ? which indicates an event requires proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test.
Please be safe, and well during these unprecedented times!
So, What Should You Do Dec. 20-26?
For your convenience, this newsletter includes emojis to help you during these unprecedented times:
- The ? indicates an event is happening in-person inside.
- The ? indicates an event is happening in-person outside.
- The ? indicates an event is happening virtually.
- The ? indicates an event requires proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test.
- And lastly, the ? indicates an event is free.
Top Picks of the Week
1. Get Your Last Holiday Performances In. ? Catch the last performances of A Christmas Carol at Ford’s Theatre (until the 27th, $36+, ? ?, Penn Quarter) or The Nutcracker with the Washington Ballet at The Warner Theatre (until the 26th, $65+, ? ?, Downtown). There’s also some comedic holiday performances of Under The Tree with Jackie Beat (Tues, $25, ?, Capitol Hill) and The Constituents: A Happy Holiday Hangover (Sun, $30, ? ?, The Wharf). Or join the Choral Arts Chorus for A Family Christmas (Fri, $20, ? ?, Kennedy Center).
2. Finish Up Your Holiday Shopping. ? There’s a Queen’s English Holiday Market (Tues, ?, ?, Park View). Stop by the Baltimore Christmas Village (until 24th, ? weekdays or $5 weekends, ?, Baltimore) or the Downtown Holiday (until 23rd, ?, ?, Penn Quarter) before it closes.
3. For those missing Zoolights. ? Go to a holiday light zoofari at Roer’s Zoofari which will be open Christmas Day (until Jan 2, $32 adults, ?, Vienna).
4. Pay Your Respects on Christmas Day. ❤️ The Doughboy Foundation and Taps For Veterans will be having a Taps and Wreath-Laying Ceremony at 4:50 p.m. at the …….